Q: How often am I billed for trash pick up?
A: Trash bills are mailed out every two months and due on the 25th of that month.

Q: Does Harrison Township provide trash containers.
A: Harrison Township does not provide trash containers.  If you would like a container Rumpke will provide one to you at a cost. You can contact Rumpke at (937) 461-0004 or 1-800-828-8171.

Q: What methods of payments are accepted for paying my trash bill?
A: You can pay your trash bill by cash, check, money order, online or by calling 1-877-225-6064.  If it is outside of regular office hours, you can leave your payment in the drop box located in the parking lot of the Government Center.

Q:  Is my trash delayed today due to the holiday?
A: The following holidays are observed by the hauler: New Year’s Day, Labor Day, July 4th, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on or before your collection day (Monday - Friday), service will be delayed by one day for the remainder of that week with Friday residents being serviced on Saturday. *Please note that if a Holiday falls on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday), the collection day is NOT  affected and your trash will be collected on your normal collection day.

Q:  Can I pay my water bill at your location?
A:  We are a drop off location for water payments, we do not process payments here.  Contact Montgomery County Environmental Services at (937) 781-2688 with any further questions regarding your water bill.

Q: How do I determine where my property lines are located?
A:  To determine the location of your property lines, you will need to have a property survey completed.  This is done by a certified and professional surveyor.  If you purchased your property recently, a survey may have been completed by the title or mortgage company.  Harrison Township cannot provide this service.

Q:  Do I need a permit for a garage sale?
A: A permit is not required and residents are allowed to have two garage sales per calendar year.  Each sale can run no longer than 3 consecutive days and each sale must occur a minimum of 90 days apart.

Q: I'm putting a fence on my property.  Do I need a permit?
A: Harrison Township does not require a permit for a fence.  However, there are some fence regulations.  The regulations state that fences in the front yard have a maximum height of 4 feet, must be 1 foot away from a sidewalk and cannot interfere with visibility along a driveway.  Corner lots are considered to have two front yards.  Fences in the rear or side yards have a maximum height of 6 feet.  click here for fence regulations/diagram

Q: Do I need a permit for a bon fire?
A: Yes, Harrison Township Fire Department does require you to obtain a burn permit prior to a bon fire.  You can contact the fire department at (937) 274-4351.   click here for burn permit application.

Q: Where can I drop off old prescription drugs?
A: Prescription drugs can be dropped off at the main Sheriff's office located at 345 W. Second St., Dayton, OH 45402.

Q: Why does the snow plow truck push snow into my driveway apron?
A:  The snow plow truck must clear the roadway. The snow plow by design moves the snow from the roadway to the right side of the roadway leaving the snow in front of the driveways and along the properties. In a heavy snow (3 or more inches) our snow plow trucks will make two passes, we recommend if possible you wait to clear your driveway until after those passes have been made. If you cannot wait to clear your driveway, we recommend that you place the snow from your driveway apron on the right side as you approach the street, this will decrease the volume of snow placed back into your driveway apron by the snow plow truck.

Q: Why is my road one of the last roads to be cleared of ice and snow?
A: Harrison Township clears approximately 90 miles of roadway during a snow/ice event. We start by clearing priority roads (heavily traveled roads, hills and school zones) then start on all secondary roads implementing a predetermined pattern to maximize efficiency.

Q: Who maintains driveway aprons, sidewalks, and curbs?
A: The property owner is responsible for maintaining sidewalks, curbs, and driveway aprons. Any work done in the right-of-way requires a right-of-way permit. Permits can be obtained through the Services Department at (937) 274-6871.

Q: Can I put rocks or railroad ties out along the front of property? 
A: Harrison Township requires that the Right of Way be free from obstructions, this includes rocks, railroad ties, barricades, or any other decorative items used to protect property.

Q: Where should I place my leaves for pick-up?
A: Harrison Township ask you to place your leaves next to the street, but not in the street.  We ask that you avoid piling your leaves around parked vehicles, trees, poles, signs, culverts, and ditches.  Don’t mix your leaves with any other wastes, such as brush, tree limbs, garbage, grass clippings and animal wastes.



Welcome to our New Website